HANNEY, EAST, a township, in the parish of West Hanney, union of Wantage, partly in the hundred of Ock, but chiefly in that of Wantage, county of Berks, 3½ miles (N. N. E.) from Wantage; containing 615 inhabitants. It comprises 2056a. 18p. of land, almost entirely arable.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.