Hamerton (All Saints)
HAMERTON (All Saints), a parish, in the hundred of Leightonstone, union and county of Huntingdon, 9½ miles (N. W.) from Huntingdon; containing 160 inhabitants, and comprising 2150 acres by measurement. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 5. 5., and in the gift of S. Barry, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £435, and the glebe comprises 47 acres. The church is an elegant structure, with a handsome tower, formerly surmounted by a spire, which was destroyed by lightning.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.