Aston (St. Mary)
ASTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the hundred of Broadwater, union and county of Hertford, 3¼ miles (S. E.) from Stevenage; containing 556 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £26. 11. 8.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. James Ellice. The tithes have been commuted for £460, and the glebe consists of 42½ acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.