Girton (St. Andrew)
GIRTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of North Stow, county of Cambridge, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Cambridge; containing 351 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 4. 4½., and in the gift of Sir S. V. Cotton, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £446, and the glebe comprises 19½ acres. The tower of the church is in the later English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.