FREEBY, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of Framland, N. division of the county of Leicester, 3½ miles (E. N. E.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 139 inhabitants. The meadow-lands here are of very rich quality. The whole of the lordship belongs to Sir E. C. Hartopp, Bart. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Independents.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.