Fiddington (St. Martin)
FIDDINGTON (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Bridgwater, hundred of Cannington, W. division of Somerset, 2½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Nether Stowey; containing 220 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 874 acres, of which 408 are arable, 387 meadow and pasture, 40 glebe, and 39 orchard and gardens. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 10. 2½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. H. W. Rawlins, whose tithes have been commuted for £190. The church is a small edifice, in the early English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.