FAXTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Lamport, union of Brixworth, hundred of Orlingbury, N. division of the county of Northampton, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Kettering; containing 108 inhabitants, and comprising 1775a. 28p. The chapel is dedicated to St. Denis. Lady Danvers in 1730 founded an almshouse for four persons, to which Jane Kemsey in 1736 bequeathed £100.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.