Enmore (St. Michael)
ENMORE (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Bridgwater, hundred of Andersfield, W. division of Somerset, 4 miles (W. S. W.) from Bridgwater; containing 302 inhabitants. It comprises 1112 acres, of which 357 are arable, 572 pasture, 65 orchard and gardens, and 116 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 4. 2., and in the gift of Sir E. Tierney, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £220, and the glebe comprises 22 acres, with a house.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.