EDINGWORTH, a hamlet, in the parish of East Brent, union of Axbridge, hundred of Brent with Wrington, county of Somerset, 5½ miles (W. by S.) from Axbridge; containing 125 inhabitants. At this place was a priory of Benedictine monks, a cell to the abbey of St. Sever, in Normandy, and which was granted in the 7th of Edward IV. to Eton College.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.