UK Genealogy Archives logo

Eathorpe

EATHORPE, a hamlet, in the parish of Wappenbury, union of Warwick, Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of Warwickshire, 5½ miles (N. N. W.) from Southam; containing 175 inhabitants, and comprising 516 acres of a fertile soil. The Roman Fosse-way crossed it from south to north, and the river Leam, after being joined here by the Watergall stream, encircles it on the north and west.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.