East-Leach-Martin, or Bouthrop (St. Mary)
EAST-LEACH-MARTIN, or Bouthrop (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Brightwells-Barrow, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4 miles (N.) from Lechlade; containing 186 inhabitants. It comprises 1900 acres by measurement. There are quarries of stone for building and fencing, and for the roads; shells of various kinds, but chiefly of the cockle, are found imbedded in it. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £150.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.