Easington (All Saints)
EASINGTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Patrington, S. division of the wapentake of Holderness, E. riding of York, 6½ miles (E. S. E.) from Patrington; containing, with the township of OutNewton, 546 inhabitants, of whom 492 are in the township of Easington. The parish comprises 2106 acres, which, with the exception of a few pastures about the village, are arable; the soil is of a good, strong, productive quality: the surface is flat and uninteresting, and altogether destitute of wood. The village is situated between the sea and the Humber, a mile distant from both. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York, with a net income of £51; impropriator, C. Taylor, Esq.: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under an inclosure act, in 1770. The church is a very ancient structure, in the early English style. There is a place of worship for dissenters.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.