UK Genealogy Archives logo

Earsdon-Forest

EARSDON-FOREST, a township, in the parochial chapelry of Hebburn, union of Morpeth, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Morpeth; containing 31 inhabitants. This place was a possession of Cuthbert, Lord Ogle, in the 16th century, and is now chiefly the property of the Duke of Portland. It lies north of Earsdon, on the boundary of the Eshot and Chelvington lands, and consists of three farms, comprising 1727 acres.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.