Dunterton (All Saints)
DUNTERTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Tavistock, hundred of Lifton, Lifton and S. divisions of Devon, 5 miles (S. E. by S.) from Launceston; containing 212 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road to Tavistock, and bounded on the south and west by the river Tamar; and comprises 1314a. 31p.: freestone of an inferior colour abounds, and green felspar is also found. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 7. 1.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. N. T. Royse. The church is a small edifice, with a handsome tower. At a place called Chapel Field formerly stood a chantry chapel, endowed with seven acres of woodland and four acres of meadow.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.