UK Genealogy Archives logo

Druridge

DRURIDGE, a hamlet, in the parochial chapelry of Widdrington, union of Morpeth, E. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 9ΒΌ miles (N. E. by E.) from Morpeth; containing 58 inhabitants. The village is situated on the shore of a bay of the same name in the North Sea, about a mile to the east of Widdrington: the fine sands of the bay, being smooth, firm, and level, are well adapted for bathing.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.