Arrow (Holy Trinity)
ARROW (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Alcester, partly in the Alcester, and partly in the Stratford, division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, 1 mile (S. W.) from Alcester; containing, with Ragley and the hamlet of Oversley, 543 inhabitants. The parish is situated in the western part of the county, on the border of Worcestershire; and consists of 3983 acres, a considerable portion of which is attached to the beautiful demesne and interesting grounds of Ragley Park. The surface is agreeable, the river Arrow flowing through from north to south, with other streams in different directions, and the whole is thickly interspersed with wood, the rateable annual value of which in the parish is returned at £600. The roads from Alcester to Stratford and Evesham intersect the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 10. 7½.; net income, £248; patron, the Marquess of Hertford. The church is an ancient structure, the tower of which was rebuilt in 1760.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.