Arrington (St. Nicholas)
ARRINGTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Caxton and Arrington, hundred of Wetherley, county of Cambridge, 5¼ miles (S. S. E.) from Caxton; containing 317 inhabitants, and comprising about 1300 acres. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 6. 3.; net income, £69; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge, who have commuted the tithes for £390. There are 22 acres of glebe.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.