Ditton, Wood (St. Mary)
DITTON, WOOD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Newmarket, hundred of Cheveley, county of Cambridge, 2¾ miles (S. S. E.) from Newmarket; containing 1016 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, consolidated with the rectory of St. Mary, Newmarket, and valued in the king's books at £12. 16. 5½.: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1813.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.