CUTTHORPE, a hamlet, in the parish of Brampton, union of Chesterfield, hundred of Scarsdale, N. division of the county of Derby, 1½ mile (N. by E.) from Brampton village; containing 333 inhabitants. The hamlet is pleasantly situated on an eminence commanding fine views, and forms the north side of the parish. The road from Chesterfield to Chapel-en-le-Frith passes through. The Hall, now a farmhouse, is a very ancient building.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.