Cranmore, West (St. Bartholomew)
CRANMORE, WEST (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Shepton-Mallet, hundred of Wellsforum, E. division of Somerset, 3½ miles (E.) from Shepton-Mallet; containing 319 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Wells to Frome, and comprises 1867a. 11p.: there are quarries of good freestone. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Doulting; impropriator, R. C. Strode, Esq. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £145, and the glebe comprises nearly 53 acres: a rent-charge of £1. 5. is paid to the impropriator. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.