Cowley (St. Lawrence)
COWLEY (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Uxbridge, hundred of Elthorne, county of Middlesex, 1½ mile (S. by E.) from Uxbridge, near the Great Western railway; containing 392 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11, and in the gift of J. Hilliard, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £197, and the glebe consists of 12 acres, with a glebe-house.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.