COVE, a tything in the parish of Yateley, hundred of Crondall, Odiham and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 9 miles (E. N. E.) from Odiham; containing 433 inhabitants. It is within threequarters of a mile of the Farnborough station of the London and Southampton railway. A church for the inhabitants of Cove and South Hawley, was built in 1844, at a cost of £1200; it is a small handsome structure, in the Norman style. The living is in the gift of the Bishop of Winchester.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.