UK Genealogy Archives logo

Cottam

COTTAM, a chapelry, in the parish of South Leverton, union of East Retford, North-Clay division of the wapentake of Bassetlaw, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 8 miles (E. by S.) from East Retford; containing 89 inhabitants, and comprising 625 acres. The chapel is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.