APPLESHAW, a parish, in the union and hundred of Andover, Andover and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 5 miles (N. W. by W.) from Andover; containing 372 inhabitants. Fairs for the sale of sheep are held on May 23rd, Oct. 9th, and Nov. 4th and 5th. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Amport: the incumbent's tithes have been commuted for £206. The church, erected in 1832 at an expense of £1300, is a neat edifice, containing 270 sittings, of which 86 are free. There is a school with a small endowment.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.