UK Genealogy Archives logo

Corfe-Mullen

CORFE-MULLEN, a chapelry, in the parish of Sturminster-Marshall, union of Wimborne and Cranborne, hundred of Cogdean, Wimborne division of Dorset, 3 miles (S. W. by W.) from Wimborne-Minster; containing 758 inhabitants, and comprising 3086 acres, of which 148 are common or waste. The chapel is dedicated to St. Nicholas, and has been enlarged by the addition of 140 free sittings. There is an annuity of £27 for the support of a school, to which Richard Lockyer in 1706 bequeathed £17.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.