COMPTON-GREENFIELD, a parish, in the union of Clifton, Upper division of the hundred of Henbury, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 6¼ miles (N. by W.) from Bristol; containing 65 inhabitants. It comprises 650a. 2r. 37p., of which 39½ acres are arable, and 610 pasture: the navigable river Severn flows on the western side. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7, and in the gift of Caius Lippencot, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £140, and the glebe contains 50 acres, with a glebe-house.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.