COLDCOATS, a township, in the parish of Ponteland, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 9¼ miles (N. W.) from Newcastle; containing 36 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Newcastle to Rothbury, and consists of East, West, South, and Middle Coldcoats, comprising together about 1020 acres of farm land. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £138. 9. 8., payable to Merton College, Oxford, and the vicarial for £24. 3.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.