Coffinswell (St. Bartholomew)
COFFINSWELL (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Newton-Abbott, hundred of Haytor, Teignbridge and S. divisions of Devon, 3 miles (S. E. by E.) from Newton-Bushell; containing 215 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1035 acres, of which 60 are common or waste. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of St. Mary Church: the Dean and Chapter of Exeter receive a tithe rent-charge of £133, and the incumbent one of £105.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.