Clanaborough (St. Petrock)
CLANABOROUGH (St. Petrock), a parish, in the union of Crediton, hundred of North Tawton, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 5½ miles (W. by N.) from Crediton; containing 69 inhabitants, and consisting of 740 acres, of which 104 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 17. 3½., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £95, and the glebe comprises about 45 acres, with a glebe-house.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.