CHRISTON, a parish, in the union of Axbridge, hundred of Winterstoke, E. division of Somerset, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from Cross; containing 92 inhabitants, and comprising 572 acres, of which 84 are common or waste. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 1. 8., and in the gift of Sir John Smyth, Bart., and the family of Gore: the tithes have been commuted for £95, and the glebe consists of 14 acres. The church is principally in the early English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.