Chisledon (Holy Cross)
CHISLEDON (Holy Cross), a parish, in the union of Highworth and Swindon, hundred of Kingsbridge, Swindon and N. divisions of Wilts, 3½ miles (S. E.) from Swindon; containing, with the tythings of Badbury and Hodson, 1176 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 8. 9.; net income, £173; patron and impropriator, T. Calley, Esq.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.