CHILTON-upon-Poldon, a chapelry, in the parish of Moorlinch, union of Bridgwater, hundred of Whitley, W. division of Somerset, 5¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Bridgwater; containing 425 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with that of Edington annexed; net income, £120; patron and impropriator, the Rev. R. J. Luscombe. The great tithes of Chilton have been commuted for £80, and the vicarial for £78.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.