Chilfroom (Holy Trinity)
CHILFROOM (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Dorchester, hundred of Tollerford, Dorchester division of Dorset, 9 miles (N. W. by W.) from Dorchester; containing 128 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5; net income, £180; patrons, Sir G. Bamfylde, and W. Fryer, Esq. A school was founded in 1774, by George Brown, who endowed it with a rent-charge of £21.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.