Burnett (St. Michael)
BURNETT (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Keynsham, E. division of Somerset, 2 miles (S. by E.) from Keynsham; comprising 607 acres by measurement. The village is situated on the river Chew. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 10. 7½., and in the gift of the Rev. J. B. Doveton: the tithes have been commuted for £85. 8., and the glebe comprises 29¼ acres. The church is a neat edifice.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.