BURLESTON, a parish, in the union of Dorchester, hundred of Piddletown, Dorchester division of Dorset, 6 miles (E. N. E.) from Dorchester; containing 65 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 364 acres, and is situated on the river Piddle, which skirts the southern side of the village. The living is a rectory, united to that of Admiston, and valued in the king's books at £3. 17. 1.: the tithes of Burleston have been commuted for £115.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.