Abington, Little (St. Mary)
ABINGTON, LITTLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Linton, hundred of Chilford, county of Cambridge, 2¾ miles (N. W. by N.) from Linton; containing 277 inhabitants. This place appears to be of some antiquity, its church having been given by Stephen, Earl of Brittany, to the monastery of St. Mary in York; subsequently to which, the prior of Pentney, in Norfolk, possessed it. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 6. 5½.; net income, £87; patron, T. Mortlock, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment by an inclosure act in 1801.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.