Buckland (St. Andrew)
BUCKLAND (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Buntingford, hundred of Edwinstree, county of Hertford, 3 miles (N.) from Buntingford; containing 435 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2000 acres, of which 500 are woodland, 50 pasture, and the remainder good arable land; the soil is fertile, and the surface varied. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £20, and in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge: the tithes have been commuted for £330, and the glebe comprises 38 acres. The church is in the later English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.