UK Genealogy Archives logo

Brotherwick

BROTHERWICK, a township, in the parish of Warkworth, union of Alnwick, E. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 2 miles (W.) from Warkworth; containing 10 inhabitants. It is situated on the west side of the river Coquet, which is navigable to within a quarter of a mile of Warkworth. The tithes have been commuted for £24. 12. payable to the Bishop of Carlisle, and £4. 18. to the vicar of the parish.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.