Bratton-Seymour (Holy Trinity)
BRATTON-SEYMOUR (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Norton-Ferris, E. division of Somerset, 3 miles (W. N. W.) from Wincanton; containing 103 inhabitants. It comprises 1093a. 2r. 36p., of which 790 acres are pasture, 218 arable, and 73 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 4. 7., and in the alternate patronage of Sir Ralph Lopes, Bart., and Mr. John Hodges: the tithes have been commuted for £132, and there are nearly 59 acres of glebe.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.