Tullohanbroge or Grove
TULLOHANBROGE, or GROVE, a parish, in the barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3½ miles (W. S. W.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Callan; containing 620 inhabitants, and comprising 3616 statute acres. Within its limits is Ballykeefe Hill, the property of the Earl of Desart, which has been lately planted to the extent of 90 acres, and forms a conspicuous and interesting feature. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Inchiolaghan and of the corps of the chancellorship: the tithes amount to £232. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of St. Patrick's. Some remains of the old church of Kyleballykeefe still exist; and at Ballykeefe are the ruins of the castle of that name.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis