Bradford (All Saints)
BRADFORD (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Holsworthy, hundred of Black Torrington, Holsworthy and N. divisions of Devon, 6 miles (N. E. by E.) from Holsworthy; containing 530 inhabitants. It comprises 3454a. 3r. 9p., of which 250 acres are common or waste; and is situated on the river Torridge. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 8. 4., and in the patronage of the Rectors of East Down, Bratton-Fleming, and Goodleigh: the tithes have been commuted for £350. 10., and the glebe consists of about 70 acres, with a house. The church is a plain edifice.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.