Boxford (St. Andrew)
BOXFORD (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Newbury, hundred of Faircross, county of Berks, 4½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Newbury; containing, with the tything of Westbrook, 612 inhabitants; and comprising 2769a. 2r. 23p., according to a survey in 1839. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £20; patron and incumbent, the Rev. G. Wells, whose tithes have been commuted for £880, and who has a glebe of 10½ acres. In the church is a monument to James Anderton. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.