MONEYGALL, a village and post-town, in the parish of CULLENWAYNE, barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 6¾ miles (S. W.) from Roscrea, and 65¾ (S.W. by S.) from Dublin, on the mail coach road to Limerick; containing 379 inhabitants. It comprises 76 houses, and is situated on the estate of the Rev. W. Minchin, near the confines of the county of Tipperary: it has a patent for three fairs during the year, and is a constabulary police station. It is in contemplation to hold petty sessions here shortly. Adjoining is Greenhills, the residence of the proprietor, a modern and elegant mansion in a highly ornamented demesne. Busherstown, originally called Bouchardstown, is a handsome residence of a branch of the same family. The church service is performed twice every Sunday in the school-house, there being no church in the parish. There is a R. C. chapel, and a dispensary was established in 1826.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis