UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bower-Chalk (Holy Trinity)

BOWER-CHALK (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Wilton, hundred of Chalk, Salisbury and Amesbury, and S. divisions of Wilts, 7½ miles (S. W.) from Wilton; containing 447 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to the consolidated rectory of Broad Chalk and vicarage of Alvediston.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.