KILMACKEVOGE, a parish, in the barony of IDA county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4¾ miles (S. W.) from New Ross, on the road from that place to Waterford; containing 1027 inhabitants and 3161 statute acres. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Rosbercon; the rectory is impropriate in the corporation of Waterford. The tithes amount to £165, of which £110 is payable to the corporation, and £65 to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union or district of Sliewruagh. There are two private schools open only in summer, in which about 140 children are educated.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis