Bossington (St. James)
BOSSINGTON (St. James), a parish, in the union of Stockbridge, hundred of Thorngate, Romsey and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Stockbridge; containing 60 inhabitants. The Roman road from Salisbury to Winchester passes through. The living is annexed to that of Broughton: the church was built in 1840, by Mr. Elwes.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.