Kilcollum or Kilcolm
KILCOLLUM, or KILCOLM, a parish, in the barony of IDA, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Waterford, on the river Barrow; containing 2139 inhabitants. This parish comprises 7781 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £4800 per annum. It is in the diocese of Ossory; the rectory is impropriate in Sir Ellis Leighton, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Dunkit. The tithes amount to £480, of which two-thirds are payable to the impropriator and one-third to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieruagh. About 160 children are educated in a school supported by Lady Esmonde, who also supports a Sunday school.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis