INNISHARGEY, a parish, in the barony of ARDES, county of DOWN, and province of ULSTER, 1½ mile (N.) from Kircubbin; the population is returned with the union of St. Andrew's. According to the Ordnance survey it comprises 5516 statute acres. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Down, forming part of the union of St. Andrew's; the rectory is appropriate to the Lord-Primate. The church of the union is in this parish.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis