INCH, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 6½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Taghmon, on the road from Adamstown to Ballyhack; containing 407 inhabitants. It comprises 1347½ statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, including 89 acres, which are rated for tithes with the parish of Clongeen. It is in the diocese of Ferns: the vicarage forms part of the union of Horetown, and the rectory is impropriate in CÃ¦sar Colclough, Esq., of Tintern Abbey. The tithes amount to £70, of which £40 is payable to the impropriator, and £30 to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Newbawn, sometimes also called Inch; these places having merged into one parish for civil purposes.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis