Clonabreny or Russagh
CLONABRENY, or RUSSAGH, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (w. by N.) from Crossakeel; containing 139 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Killesandra, by Athboy, to Dublin, contains 1668 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The lands are generally in a good state of cultivation, and the system of agriculture has of late been very much improved. The gentlemen's seats are Clonebrany, the residence of W. Blayney Wade, Esq., a handsome mansion in a highly cultivated and richly planted demesne of 615 statute acres; and Bobsville, the pleasant residence of Lieut.-Col. Battersby. There is a patent for a manorial court, but none is held. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and is part of the union of Loughcrew: the tithes amount to £32. In the R.C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilskyre. There are some small remains of the old church, with a burial-ground.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis